This is just a combined list of all the house rules we’ve made as a group.
- You’re heroic, so survive encounters only a hero can. Your Healthy Wound Rank is calculated at Earth x 6, instead of Earth x 5.
--Your wound ranks are calculated at Earth x3 for every Rank after Healthy, instead of Earth x 2.
- To infer someone’s intent without speaking with them, it is a contested Etiquette/Awareness roll against Investigation/Awareness. IE, if you think someone is “judging” your situation and you think this is their intent, roll against their Etiquette/Awareness to gain their “intent”.
- Honor Rolls are available. Once per session, when the GM approves it appropriate, you may take a re-roll on whatever current Trait, Skill, Ring, or Spell Casting, using instead your Honor keep Honor at the same TN. If you succeed, then your honor helped you prevail on your current project/attempt. If you fail, not only have you failed the roll, but you lose one full rank of Honor as your faith in yourself is shaken.
--You may not spend a Void Point to increase or modify this Honor Roll in anyway.
- Anything that will modify your Honor Rank (ie Balance or Clear Thinker) can also be added to the Honor Roll, if applicable.
- I like having the option to have a loyal servant in this game. However, I do not like the fact that they are SO expensive, especially if you would like them to be helpful. So, it has been decided as a group, that if you spend the points on a servant, you have them at a basic “level” as the book mentions. If you put in the additional 3 pts it states to increase them at purchase, they can improve as a follower would, earning points if they do something to earn them (ie, being super helpful, making a difference, doing something amazing). This will replace the rule in the book under Servant, that requires you to spend the points as if you were improving your skill.
- Dojo’s are very much available to work with. As you can see on the main Wiki page, there is a long list of Dojos available for every clan. It costs 1 point for your character to have the prestige (and benefits) from a dojo they qualify for, before or after character creation.
- Fine Quality Whetstone = +2 Damage for the first three strikes made with a sharp weapon (cannot be used on katana)
- Fine Quality Oil = +3 to Attack Roll for the first three strikes made with the weapon.